The fine folks over at French Toast Sunday (which, awesome blog; you should all visit it) have seen fit to nominate me for a Liebster Award. I'm not entirely sure on which blog this award originated, but I've definitely seen it making it the rounds the last few months. For those still unaware, here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person who has given the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS
So, you'll see, it isn't so much an award as a chain letter. But still, I'm glad that (1) people are aware of my blog, and (2) I have yet another excuse to write about myself. So here are 11 things about myself:
1. The only movie I ever purposefully stopped watching was Killer Nerd.
2. I started blogging out of boredom.
3. I think William Fichtner should be in every movie/I'm glad William Fichtner is in every movie.
4. There was only one time that I had to leave a theater because I was too drunk/had to puke.
5. There was only one time that I was too drunk to perform a sketch comedy routine/had to puke afterwards.
6. There was only one time I was too drunk to make it through a cab ride/puked everywhere in the cab.
7. I've been pretty sober for a while now.
8. The first movie I can remember seeing in the theater was The Great Mouse Detective.
9. The most recent movie I saw in the theater was Prometheus.
10. I get misty-eyed every time I watch It's a Wonderful Life.
11. I've jerked off to Mulholland Drive more times than I can remember.
And now, here are my answers to the questions posed by French Toast Sunday:
What movie character would you want to date?
Mathilda May's nude space vampire from Lifeforce—provided, you know, she didn't drain me of my lifeforce.
Is there a movie that truly scares you?
Cinemania, a documentary about movie obsessives. I stopped watching movies for a week after watching that.
What movies have you seen in theaters more than once?
Nothing recently, since I'm so goddamn poor. I think the last one was probably Kill Bill: Vol 2. I honestly can't remember what else. I've always been something of a cheap bastard. So, nope, I've never seen another movie multiple times in the theater.
Describe your best movie theater experience.
Any one of the multiple times I've seen The Room in the theater has been an awesome time. It's the best time anyone can have at the theater, multiple times.
What movie quote do you use in real life?
"We're gonna need a bigger boat." About my dick. Because it has teeth.
What was you favorite movie in high school?
Probably The Apartment.
What is your favorite movie to come out the year you were born?
Have you ever met any celebrities in real life?
When I worked at the video store Movie Place, Fay from Wings was a regular customer.
I waited on her. So I've got that going for me.
Also, that time my friends and I were filming a sketch in the video store and we accidentally started a microwave fire, Buzz from Home Alone—who lived in an apartment above the video store—was rightfully angry and threatened to call the cops.
What’s a movie you’re embarrassed to admit you haven’t seen?
Titanic is probably the most famous movie I haven't seen yet. Can't say I'm embarrassed about that, though.
Is there anything film related you totally geek out about?
No. I'm dead inside.
What’s your favorite film to come out so far this year?
Seeing as it's the only 2012 movie I've seen so far, I'll have to go with Prometheus.
Here are my 11 questions:
What's your favorite movie decade?
Warren Oates: awesome actor or awesomest actor?
What is a movie you wish had a greater following?
What is a movie you feel is unduly praised?
What is the proper punishment for people who talk on their cell phones in a movie theater?
Which deceased or retired director do you wish could make just one more movie?
Are there any movies people are surprised you like?
How often do you go to the theater?
Which movie have you seen the most?
What was your most awkward movie date? (make one up if you've never had an awkward movie date)
What was your best movie date? (make one up if you've never had a good movie date)
And here are the sites I'm forwarding the chain letter to:
The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World
Lady Eve's Reel Life
Laura's Miscellaneous Musings
Thrilling Days of Yesteryear
Tips from Chip
The Mind Reels
Invasion of the B Movies
Eternal Sunshine of the Logical Mind
Big Thoughts from a Small Mind
Dan the Man's Movie Reviews